Fume-free, Noise-free, Hassle-free
The Brill Razorcut is the newly improved version of the best selling Brill Luxus. This next generation reel mower weighing in at 15 pounds is easy to push, requires little maintenance, and so quiet you can carry on a conversation while you mow.
Why a Push Reel Mower?
The Razorcut Reel mowers, like all push reel mowers, are much lighter and easier to push than traditional gas-powered mowers, so you can mow even faster. They are also much safer (now you can recruit the kids!) and produce a better cut, with no scalping of your lawn. These are the same mowers used on golf courses, where a high-quality, even cut is essential.
Family + Environment Friendly
Mow your lawn when you are ready...9 am or 9 pm. The Brill Razor is so silent your neighbors can enjoy their activities in peace and you can even talk on your cell phone! Your children can play safely along side a reel mower: there are no flying objects or toxic fumes. Mowing your lawn with reel mowers is better for the air, better for the grass, and better for you. Mowing the lawn can become an enjoyable, family activity. Don't believe that can happen: see our story : 14 Years + Over 38,000 Mowers Sold.
Help Choosing the Best Mower for your Needs
Want to know specific differences between push mower models and manufacturers ...check out our Push Mower Comparison Chart and our Brill/NaturCut Comparison Chart. Already sold on a reel mower, you probably want to read our guide to transitioning your lawn.
Heat-treated cylinder blades ensure precise cut.
- greater torque to the reel
-less resistance when you push, and
- blades stay sharp for about a decade.
- 15.2 pounds (half the weight of many reel mowers)
- Cutting Height infinitely adjustable from .55" to 1.8"
- Cutting Width: 33 cm cutting width (13 inches)
- Not self-propelled
- 7 inch metal cover protects overhanging flowers/shrubs
- Optional Grass Catcher folds flat for storage
- 5 Flame hardened, welded steel blades (American reel lawnmowers have softer tempered alloy, riveted blades)
- Silent Cut Design (The reel blade misses the bedknife by less than a millimeter. This reduces friction and allows the reel mower to cut the grass like scissors). See why Reel Blades are better for grass health.
- Blades stay sharp 5-8 years versus one to two years for other brands.
German Made High Quality Materials
- Sealed Ball-bearing mounted reel. That means you don't have to mess with constantly oiling them.
- Dry Powder Coat on metal components
Powder coated surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing than other finishes. Colors stay bright and vibrant longer. Powder coating is also highly protective of the environment, because it contains no solvents.
- Enameled metal components
Assembly + Other Details
Q. What types of grass does the Brill Razorcut 33 cut?
A. The Brill Razorcut will cut all grass types except Bermuda, Zoysia, and overgrown St. Augustine grass which has been allowed to have thatch. Most of our returns last year were from people with thatched St. Augustine grass.
Q. What size lawns can the Brill Razorcut 33 reasonably cut?
A. The Brill Razorcut 33 is recommended for lawns up to 4,000 square feet.
Q. Do you need to adjust the blades?
A. After a season or two you may notice that the mower is not cutting as well as when it was new. Each Brill Razorcut comes with an adjustment gauge used for resetting the blades. Here's our guide on how to do this quick adjustment.
Q. What makes the blades special?
A. The blades Stay Sharp for 8 Years. The Razorcut push mowers, the Accu Mower ASM380 cordless electric, and NaturCut line of reel mowers have a non-contact cutting system. This means Brill blades stay sharp and you will save money and time on sharpening services. In fact, when you calculate how much money is saved by less sharpening of the blades, the Brill Razorcut 33 costs even less than an inexpensive mower.
Q. Is mowing with a reel mower going to be different from a rotary?
A. A bit, especially the first few times as you transition your lawn.
- "Often when people are switching from a gas rotary mower to a reel mower they are unfamiliar with the differences between the types of mowing. If the mower jams then you are cutting too much grass or pushing the mower too fast; if there is grass left standing after you pass over it then you needed to overlap your passes.
- A full double pass is not uncommon when transitioning a lawn and most reel mower users overlap 1/3 to 1/2.
- Maintaining the lawn with a reel mower will improve the health of the lawn and can give it a luxury lawn appearance. You will likely mow slightly more often and in a slightly different manner."
Here is a guide for mowing with a reel mower.
Info about Reel Mowers ::
Info to Help You Make the Switch to a Reel Mower ::
- Brill Razorcut Reel Mowers come with a 1 year warranty.
- Shipping is free for the Brill Razorcut Reel Mowers.
Our 14th year. Over 38,000 Reel Mowers Sold
Now in our 14th year, we are proud to have sold and supported over 38,000 mowers. People Powered Machines is more than an eco e-tailer, we are a long standing company with real people that support our products. We are totally committed to reducing gas mowing, noise emmissions, and returning pleasure to backyards everywhere! Let us know if we can help you with your decision in any way.